What we are about
• Reality-based, trauma-informed self-defense training
• Assertiveness and boundary setting
• Mental and emotional preparation, de-escalation, avoidance, evasion, and escape options
• Easy to learn, retain, and apply gross motor-based physical defense moves
• Physical self-defense building on your instinctive reactions to threats
• Comprehensive, graduated, physical training, up to full-impact counter-attacks
• Supportive and respectful environment
• Empowerment through increased knowledge and skills, not illusions and dangerous over-confidence
• Solid research and legal defensibility
• Fully-equipped self-defense gym
• Living life joyfully
Whom we serve
• Everyone is welcome
• We value diversity
• We serve everyone who wants to learn self-defense for prevention
• We serve people interested in trauma-recovery through supplanting body memories of helplessness with new sensations of power and control
• Our training is for anyone age 13 and up who wants to learn in a supportive environment
• No particular physical ability or fitness level is required
What we hope you'll take away
• More self-awareness, situational awareness, and knowledge about violence dynamics
• A deeper understanding of how your body and neural system react to threats
• Full realization of the power of your instincts and other natural weapons
• Better mental, emotional, and physical abilities to avoid, reduce, recognize, and manage risk
• Realistic mental and physical defense options
• Safety skills that you can use as soon as you walk out the door
• Increased or regained confidence, well-being, and peace of mind
What we can’t do
• We cannot guarantee your safety
What we can do
We can give you increased personal safety and self-defense options
Mindfulness is the basis of awareness
Situational awareness is based on self-awareness
Self-defense starts with mindfulness
Take Safety into Your Own Hands
Contact us by phone at 406.580.5190 or e-mail so we can discuss your training needs and interests. Our training options range from 60-minute to multi-day training. After we decide together what will best fit your or your group's needs, you can register in person, by mail and check, or on-line.
We believe in diversity. At Three Rivers Defense everyone is welcome.
Ready to Register for a Training?
Please submit your registration, waiver, questionnaire and safety agreement online online, or print them out and mail them or bring them with you. Your space is guaranteed after we receive your registration and payment.
Please pay by check or by sending your payment to paypal.me/3riversdefense
If you pay by paypal, you can skip Online Sign-up and go directly to Registration and Waiver, Questionnaire and Safety Agreement.